Ok, I didn’t make this pasta (it’s from DC’s Eastern Market), but it’s fresh! This is a delicious and comforting fall recipe and it can also be a quick weeknight recipe because it’s versatile: you can use any type of pasta you want!
Tip: If you don’t have a grater, you can shave the Parmigiano-Reggiano with a peeler.
Time: 15 minutes
Adapted from Mario Batali
- Pasta, of choice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 sage leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Cook the pasta.
2. While your pasta cooks, melt butter in a saute pan and continue cooking until golden brown color appears in the thinnest liquid of the butter.
3. Add sage leaves and remove from heat. Add lemon juice and set aside.
4. Drain the pasta, but leaving some cooking water, and gently pour into saute pan and return to heat.
5. Add the cheese, toss to coat, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.